Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pleated Polka Dot Skirt With Ribbed Tank Top


A pleated polka dot skirt that I paired with a ribbed tank top, this outfit makes her look classy and chic. I want to start sewing more of this style, very feminine and clean...i think those are the kind of outfits that suit american girl dolls, best showcased by historical characters like Kitt and Rebecca. Those two girls are my favorites, I love their style of clothing,someday I hope to make one.
The ribbed tank top is just from an old shirt of mine and I made sure that it hugs her body when she wears it, that kind of fabric stretches. I just zigzag the neckline for additional details. For the skirt, I actually measured it very carefully so the pleated will be evenly distributed. There are a total of 9 pleats on the front, and I each folded it in 4 cm width, so the whole length of the front is 36 cm. For the back, each side has 3 pleats. The rose and the bow make this whole outfit adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment